Code of Practice
The Insurance Council of Australia requires companies to adhere to clause 3.6.7 of the Code, which requires members to provide training to their employees.
The Institute offers two General Insurance Code of Practice online training programs.
To receive more information about these programs, please register your interest by emailing email@example.com.
General Insurance Code of Practice 2012 Upgrade Program (COP011)
$66 (incl. GST) per participant
|| 1-2 hours|
| CIP Points
|| 1 CIP Point|
In the recent review of the Insurance Council of Australia's (ICA) Code of Practice, the ICA has recently released the following information:
"These changes are intended to take effect no later than July 1, 2012. The changes to the Code take effect for claims received on or after July 1, 2012, and for insurance contracts written from that date."
The General Insurance Code of Practice 2012 Upgrade Program provides organisations with a comprehensive coverage of the recent changes to the ICA's General Insurance Code of Practice. This program enables participants to easily understand the Code of Practice revisions to ensure they meeting the organisational compliance requirements.
Who should attend
This program is a must for members of the Insurance Council of Australia and other industry participants and service providers who sign up to the Code such as Authorised Representatives and Brokers working with binders meet the requirements of the Code of Practice.
Benefits and features
- online program allowing staff to login at their desk at a time that is convenient to your business
- all revisions are clearly marked within the Code of Practice
- staff can simply focus on revision and familiarise themselves with new requirements
- the program also contains an audio option
- short assessments can test understanding and each individual receives a certificate upon completion
- a simplified enrolment process is in place, providing easy access to large numbers of staff
- organisational reports can also be generated providing the reassurance that the compliance requirements have been fulfilled.
The Institute will commence enrolment for this course on 23 May 2012. To organise your organisation's compliance training before 1st July changes take effect email firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Insurance Code of Practice Training Program (COP101)
|| 3-4 hours|
| CIP Points
|| 3 CIP Points|
The General Insurance Code of Practice Training Program provides participants with a comprehensive coverage of the Insurance Council of Australia's General Insurance Code of Practice.
Participants will learn about the objectives and principles of the Code and how they apply in relation to customers buying insurance and making claims.
Who should attend
This program is a must for members of the Insurance Council of Australia and other industry participants and service providers who sign up to the Code.
Upon completion of the program, participants should be able to define and explain:
- the nature, purpose and importance of the Code
- the objectives of the Code
- the parties and the insurance products covered by the Code
- the standards imposed by the Code in relation to customers buying insurance
- the standards imposed by the Code in relation to the handling of claims by insurers
- the Code's requirements for the handling of complaints and disputes
- the responsibilities of the parties to the Code in relation to Code monitoring and enforcement
- the sanctions that may be imposed on an insurer under the Code.
Claims Service Provider Online Training Course (CSP001)
Clause 3.6.4 of the 2010 Code stipulates that Service Providers will not perform functions that do not match their expertise.
The Institute offers an interactive, online training program that provides the knowledge and skills necessary for Service Providers to better meet the needs of clients and insurance companies.
For additional information about this course, including learning outcomes and an online demonstration, please visit the Claims Service Provider page on the Institute website.