A successful career in insurance and the financial services sector is all about being educated, informed, community-minded and recognised. Institute membership supports all of these.
Institute qualified membership leads to individual growth, increased confidence and capability resulting in professional status, international recognition and a strong sense of community responsibility and a shared network of fellow members within the industry.
Having connections in the industry allows you to engage with experienced leaders who can provide support and advice as your career progresses. The more connections you make, the more opportunities become available.
ANZIIF Membership Faculties
Faculties provide a meeting place for members to take an active role in their industry sector from which today’s experts and tomorrow’s leaders will emerge. The traditional connection barriers of geography, time availability and opportunity are removed by your Faculty’s online presence.
By using a Faculty model of engagement with its members the Institute can personalise the Institute’s services to its members based on their specific areas of interest or professional practice.
The Faculty model provides an environment where members are better able to identify and connect with their peers and build a stronger sense of community.
The Faculty allows us to provide superior services, information and access that are directly relevant to members, rather than the insurance or financial services industry as a whole.
Faculties enables ANZIIF to provide superior services, information and access that are more targeted and personally focused to individuals.
Faculties have been designed to develop a strong sense of community and specialism, providing members with a variety of services such as:
- Tools that make it easy for you connect both online and in person with other General Insurance professionals; to exchange information, learn, teach, collaborate and network at a time and a place of your choosing and without the bother of being inundated with sales or HR and recruitment messages like so many other professional networking sites.
- Access to hundreds of hours of free online CPD activities to help you keep your skills and knowledge up-to-date and meet membership and industry professional development requirements.
- Easy access to a range of information, news and content that is updated regularly and is tailored to you and your career.
Only professionally qualified members of ANZIIF (Associate, Senior Associate and Fellows) are immediately eligible to join an industry faculty. ANZIIF Membership Faculties represent the specific industry qualifications and the career path of each member.
The Faculties are:
- The Faculty of General Insurance
- The Faculty of Insurance Broking
- The Faculty of Life, Health and Superannuation
- The Faculty of Risk Management
- The Faculty of Claims
- The Faculty of Reinsurance
- The Faculty of Financial Planning