Code of Practice
The Insurance Council of Australia requires companies to adhere to clause 3.6.7 of the Code, which requires members to provide training to their employees.
The Institute offers two General Insurance Code of Practice online training programs. To receive more information about these programs, please register your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Insurance Code of Practice 2014 Upgrade Program (COPU14)
$70 + GST Members
$95 + GST Non-members
|| 1-2 hours|
| CIP Points
|| 3 CIP Points|
The revised Code commits insurers to high standards of service and promotes better and more informed relationships between companies and consumers. It will be launched on July 1, 2014. From that date all Code signatories will have 12 months to transition to it. The compliance deadline for signatories is July 1, 2015.
Features of the revised code include:
- Establishment of a Code Governance Committee(CGC) to implement a transparent and independent governance framework to ensureCode compliance is effectively monitored and enforced.
- Stronger and more detailed obligations onCode signatories to provide assistance to consumers in financial difficulty
- Easier-to-follow claims and complaints processes
- Written in plain English
Who should attend
This module comprises of an overview of the changes to the General Insurance Code of Practice, as a result of the 2013 review, and includes quiz questions through the module. It is designed for people who are familiar with the Code of Practice, and specifically need to know what's changed as a result of the review.
Benefits and features
- online program allowing staff to login at their desk at a time that is convenient to your business
- all revisions are clearly marked within the Code of Practice
- staff can simply focus on revision and familiarise themselves with new requirements
- the program also contains an audio option
- short assessments can test understanding and each individual receives a certificate upon completion
- a simplified enrolment process is in place, providing easy access to large numbers of staff
- organisational reports can also be generated providing the reassurance that the compliance requirements have been fulfilled.
To organise your organisation's compliance training email email@example.com.
General Insurance Code of Practice Training Program
Launching in September, 2014
$240 + GST Members
$330 + GST Non-members
|| 3-4 hours|
| CIP Points
|| 6 CIP Points|
The General Insurance Code of Practice Training Program provides participants with a comprehensive coverage of the Insurance Council of Australia's General Insurance Code of Practice.
Participants will learn about the objectives and principles of the Code and how they apply in relation to customers buying insurance and making claims.
Who should attend
This program is a must for members of the Insurance Council of Australia and other industry participants and service providers who sign up to the Code.
Upon completion of the program, participants should be able to define and explain:
To organise your organisation's compliance training once this program has been launched email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- the nature, purpose and importance of the Code
- the objectives of the Code
- the parties and the insurance products covered by the Code
- the standards imposed by the Code in relation to customers buying insurance
- the standards imposed by the Code in relation to the handling of claims by insurers
- the Code's requirements for the handling of complaints and disputes
- the responsibilities of the parties to the Code in relation to Code monitoring and enforcement
- the sanctions that may be imposed on an insurer under the Code.